Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to serve as a public policy representative in Japan and other key countries in the Asia-Pacific region (APAC). In this critical role based in Tokyo, you will work closely with other members of Twilio’s Global Public Policy and Legal teams, as well as its business units, to represent and advance Twilio’s interests with policymakers and telecommunications regulators in Japan and other key APAC countries. You will report to the Director of APAC Public Policy, who is based in Singapore.
Twilio is looking for an experienced public policy professional who lives the Twilio Magic to represent and advance its interests in Japan and other key APAC countries.
- You have at least 8 years of experience advising and representing telecommunications and technology companies on policy and regulatory issues in Japan. Significant experience in one or more other APAC countries is preferred, including in Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, and/or South Korea.
- You are able to travel internationally as needed, primarily within Japan as well as within APAC.
- You have a thorough understanding of policymaking processes in Japan and experience in devising and executing advocacy strategies at the country level. Similar experience in other APAC countries would also be beneficial.
- You have a significant understanding of telecommunications regulatory and policy concepts, including such topics as interconnection, access to numbering resources, and telecommunications regulatory classifications, as well as an understanding of how topics such as privacy, cybersecurity, data flows, and AI apply to the enterprise software and telecom ecosystems.
- You have a law degree or an equivalent advanced degree in a related field or equivalent experience as highlighted.
- You have full professional proficiency in Japanese and English. Additional proficiencies in one or more other languages used in APAC would be advantageous.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; a demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively; a preference to work as a team player; and an ability to manage a large number of projects, working independently, with colleagues distributed globally.
As Senior Manager, APAC Public Policy, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Play a central role in devising and executing action plans to ensure that Twilio’s interests are taken into account in important telecommunications regulatory and technology proceedings in Japan and other key APAC countries.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Coordinate closely with the Global Public Policy Team and Twilio business units to develop a thorough understanding of current and future company business objectives. Work closely with Twilio’s regulatory compliance team to understand current compliance requirements and regulatory trends in Japan and other key APAC countries, and assist Global Public Policy team members in other regions from time-to-time as needed.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Monitor and anticipate new telecommunications regulatory requirements and technology policy developments in Japan and other key APAC countries and keep key internal Twilio stakeholders informed about such developments and trends.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Coordinate the creation and maintenance of internal documents and repositories, and the development and submission of company filings to regulators and policymakers, on telecommunications and technology policy.
- BE BOLD: Cultivate relationships with and advance Twilio’s policy priorities directly with key senior-level officials in telecommunications regulatory authorities and other relevant government agencies, and build coalitions with key policy stakeholders (including other companies, trade associations, and civil society groups), in Japan and other key APAC countries.
- DRAW THE OWL: Undertake initiatives to raise Twilio’s profile in Japan and other key APAC countries and communicate how Twilio is serving as an engine of economic innovation through panel presentations, event sponsorship, conference attendance, and similar endeavors.
The Global Public Policy team serves as the “strategic headlights” for the company: understanding and anticipating regulatory and policy developments and working to ensure that Twilio’s business interests are accommodated within that evolving landscape. We work closely with all company business units and senior leadership, and serve as the company’s principal advocates to policymakers and regulators around the world.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communications in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in Tokyo, Japan. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. You will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.