Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio Global is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer supporting our Japanese-speaking customers in the region.
We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, and this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met
This position reports to the Manager, APAC Technical Support and can be based in either our Singapore or Tokyo office.
You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a domain specialist for Twilio’s powerful API products.
We seek Technical Support Engineers with:
- 4+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- Strong desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying their problems and guiding them through complex technical solutions.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills in English.
- Previous experience building or supporting applications on Twilio is a huge plus
- Native or business-level proficiency in Japanese is required for this role.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- RUTHLESS PRIORITIZE: Use your experience to solve customer issues and resolve Quality of Service (QoS) issues.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Review internal knowledge to know the latest industry shifts and standards.
- BE AN OWNER: Assist your manager in process improvements by surfacing customer problems to assist in process improvement.
Twilio Support is unlike no others. We not only provide technical support but also world-class hospitality to our customers. We wear our customers’ shoes every day and make sure the customers’ voice is heard by our Product and Engineering team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office in Chiyoda-ku in Tokyo or Marina One in Singapore. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.