Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Head of Central US, Enterprise Sales
We're looking for an experienced leader to lead our Central US Enterprise business segment who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of leading Enterprise sales team. As Head of our Central US Region for Enterprise sales, you will be responsible for bringing your strategic vision and innovative approach to expand the Enterprise sales teams responsibility for selling all of our products to this segment. Reporting to the VP of North America (NAMER) Enterprise Sales, you will play a key role in generating new revenue, leading your team, improving the sales process, and creation of efficient programs that deliver high rep productivity in a model that allows us to scale quickly with success.
- You should feel comfortable leading a two tier distribution Sales team who is focussed on selling a platform or SaaS, experience with Contact Centers, Messaging, Call Tracking and other communication solutions even better!
- You have experience building large teams, running all monthly forecasting, and can support fiscal planning and revenue tracking for all major accounts in the region.
- You have 10+ years of Sales leadership experience, at least three of those years leading two tier distribution teams.
If you have an action demeanor and are excited by the idea of quickly scaling, this is a rare opportunity to join a results-oriented, fast-moving, transparent, leadership team and company while engaging with some of the best partners in every geography in the world.
- Build, develop and retain a hard-working account executive team that cultivates trusted-advisor relationships with prospective customers at all levels (developer to c-suite).
- Lead the development of a repeatable and scalable client success methodology.
- Develop and drive the account planning process for our top strategic accounts that results in deeper relationships and continually greater use of our offerings.
- As a principal customer advocate, develop strong internal relationships with Twilio sales, marketing, product development, support and finance to solidify support for our existing and potential new customers
- Working across Twilio, align on and execute strategies to constantly improve client satisfaction, reduce customer churn and successfully expand our relationships and revenue.
- Drive use of product, support, sales force automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to provide strong analytics and solid visibility in your team’s execution.
To Be Considered, You Need
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: 10+ years of sales leadership experience and 3+ years in two tier Enterprise sales leadership with SaaS, IaaS, PaaS or consumption based technology experience where customer relationships are dependent on technical performance.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Ability to evaluate teams, develop and reshape them as necessary while mentoring and encouraging them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels.
- DRAW THE OWL: Bring data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and forecasting.
- BE AN OWNER: Model our core values and attributes; invest in the success of your team, and create a meaningful experience for our people.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Project management, planning and organizational skills.
- A bachelor’s degree and prior work related experience or equivalent.
- Bonuses -- experience with any or all of the following:
- Communications technology
- Developer driven customer relationships
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications and customer engagement. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is ideally located in the Central Region (Chicago or Dallas). We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.