Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead the Engineering Services business unit, expanding the product to become a central component of Twilio’s Technology Services strategy. This person will be responsible for understanding end-customer needs, build a shared vision with other strategic products, composing product requirements for the team, stewarding an excellent developer experience, and supporting both internal customers and stakeholders. Their work will be regularly visible to Directors of Product, Security, Platform Engineering, Architects and throughout the company.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering well-designed technical products. They also have:
- 3+ years of experience in product management, with strong sensitivity to IT Systems & SaaS products, developer tools, or API products.
- Past experience with Infrastructure DevOps and Security Teams, leveraging them to help you understand the customer and bring your product to market.
- 2+ years of experience as a backend software developer: you know what a good API looks like, and you know what can be accomplished with software.
- Strong writing skills, which allow you to regularly spin up new requirements, reports, and specifications from zero. You will need to write both for product and for engineering.
- Strong analytical skills which allow you to interrogate your work and influence others with your arguments.
- (Strongly preferred) Past experience with internal IT systems and cloud technologies. (IE: OKTA, Active Directory, Jira, ServiceNow)
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will be communicating with other product managers across the globe, you will be writing specifications and composing roadmaps for your teams, and you will be regularly representing your product and your team to upper management.
- DRAW THE OWL & EMPOWER OTHERS: From broad, company-wide mission statements, you will need to work with your colleagues to build a roadmap that we can execute.
- BE AN OWNER: You will be expected to make formative decisions on what we need to build, and how we should prioritize our energy.
- BE BOLD & NO SHENANIGANS: You will need to develop a clear point of view and influence the people around you, changing our course if necessary.
The Engineering Services team is central to Technology Services work function. We champion the internal tools and systems work that keeps teams collaborating and working toward a shared vision. We continuously improve our workflows, access, stability, transparency, communication across teams, and the processes for prioritization within the Tech Services department. We incrementally create value for Technology Services and Twilio by strategically addressing our most difficult problems in a thoughtful manner and delivering high-quality projects. This team takes a more expansive approach to communication and technology that must include infrastructure cloud technologies and automation, painting a complete picture of the customer journey. This roadmap is years long.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely in the United States. What you will get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$109,824 - $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
$96,096 - $132,132
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks