Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Compliance Specialist to join the team that runs Twilio’s compliance efforts globally. This role will be part of the User Vetting team which intakes customer identity information, reviews it for accuracy and/or issues, and works directly with customers to help them resolve any issues with their information that may be identified. The User Vetting team is part of the Global Compliance organization, which is part of Twilio’s Consumer Trust organization.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in an operations or compliance environment.
- You’re a clear verbal and written communicator.
- You have the ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills and are comfortable working under pressure.
- You have demonstrated the ability to proactively identify process improvements that have a significant, positive, business impact.
- You have strong relationship building and collaboration skills.
- You are able to work with remote teams and across time zones to foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- You’re able to complete tasks in core area within SLAs.
- You’re empathetic and customer centric to the core.
As a Compliance Specialist, you will
- Wear the Customer Shoes: You will complete customer user reviews in a timely manner, and provide support for common customer inquiries received by email to ensure customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
- Draw the Owl: Assess the nature of customer issues and resolve basic-to-intermediate level problems.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Identify and communicate process improvements to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of your team.
- Be Bold: Be a visible subject-matter-expert with regard to KYC tools and investigation processes, with a full command of known and developing fraud trends.
- Empower Others: Work with your team to build out the strategy and team focus around what the top priorities are for your team that roll up into the high-level company objectives
- No Shenanigans: Quickly and confidently triage complex issues via documented internal escalation paths.
- Be an Owner: Effectively respond to all basic and some advanced questions from customers (external and internal) in your core area.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
$56,256 - $77,352
Rest of Colorado:
$49,224 - $67,683
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks