Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Customer Interface team, supporting our customers’ use of our Console platform, and help customers manage their Twilio products, services, and accounts. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s customer interfaces.
Twilio is looking for a customer focused Support Engineer with demonstrated track record of providing excellent customer or technical support. We seek someone with:
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- 2+ years experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- A high competency with communicating internally and externally, and excellent reading comprehension, listening, speaking and writing skills in English
- An excitement for opportunities to problem-solve and troubleshoot
- Experience utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our customer interfaces
- Experience and interest in working cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management, and Sales, and sometimes with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations
- Demonstrated desire to understand customer trends, report those trends to continue to improve our support process and be able to put yourself in the customer's shoes.
- Proven advanced time management skills, ability to remain calm during higher workloads, work well under pressure and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures
As a Customer Interfaces Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES :Help our customers to use our Console interface and helping them with questions related to their account configurations, billing issues, ensuring that they are able to understand and get the most out of their Twilio experience
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize customer interactions to expedite urgent customer needs
- NO SHENANIGANS:Using your strong diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide feedback
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible defects
- Spend time reviewing internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards
- WRITE IT DOWN:Work to surface and document customer pain points to assist in process improvement
We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, and this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bogota office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.