Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to working with other teams to interact with your platform. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow the platform. You will lead the product requirements required to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that operate at telephone network reliability, all while the product grows at an exponential rate.
Twilio is looking for a Product Manager to join the Data Platform team. You will understand the needs of our end customers in the global communications market and build a platform to help internal teams handle their data. Working side by side with other product managers and engineering counterparts across Twilio R&D, you will collaborate to craft and deliver a vision for computing on streaming data at Twilio.
We are looking for somebody who lives the Twilio Magic and has a consistent track record of Platform Product Development. You have:
- Someone with 3+ years of product management experience in a fast-paced company. If you have a strong work ethic and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective this might be the opportunity for you.
- We need someone with a strong proficiency in the big data ecosystem e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, Spark, or similar technologies.
- Technically savvy and experienced with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility.
- Worked on data platforms, customer engagement platforms, or streaming applications.
- You have a customer oriented approach. You have an amazing ability to understand the customer’s challenges and are able to articulate a vision to solve challenges to make an impact.
- You are a strategic problem solver and flourish operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You have solved sophisticated problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often opposing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver.
- Collaborative approach and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on zoom presenting to an audience of developers as you are on a zoom talking to users and then coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both on the same day.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Product Manager, you live the Twilio Magic, and encourage it in others, as you:
- DRAW THE OWL and BE AN OWNER: Build the vision for how we quickly let agile teams self-serve a streaming data infrastructure.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Working with Twilio teams across the world to understand and resolve needs to move and store data.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work directly with the carriers in moving the ecosystem of vendors, other platform teams, and architects to chart a path to the future.
- BE BOLD: Build consensus on our use of data and what teams need to do with it.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Report on both the business and operational performance of your platform and customers on a weekly basis.
Products are built on data. From the developers of a service, to their managers, compliance teams, and executives all need to know the state of systems and their activity. This team manages the flow of this data within Twilio, securing it, and ensuring everybody allowed can access it. We are also the bridge the reporting systems trusted by customers, executives and shareholders. Processing has to happen in the pipeline to get insight in real time. We are successful when we make this easy for engineers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. With 6 million developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on a massive scale. Your job will be to turn developers into heros!
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
$109,824 - $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
$96,096 - $132,132
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks