Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. With our rapid scale, we are seeking a P5 Product Manager to lead our efforts to create two data building blocks: a multi-model data storage capability and a common data model. These products will be the backbone of many of our future Programmable Apps and fastest growing businesses. The Twilio Programmable Data Platform is the heart of Twilio’s strategic priorities and is transforming how businesses and customers communicate with each other. You will directly manage the product direction, supply requirements to engineering teams, and work closely with Strategy, Marketing, Sales, and Finance, among others, to fuel customer adoption and growth.
- Functional experience
- Demonstrated track record of building and launching complex enterprise scale data platforms (bonus: experience building AI/ML intelligence services on top)
- Experience with event streams, connectors, data model and schema management, K/V, graph and time series storage technologies
- Exposure to governance solutions related to RBAC, ABAC, data sovereignty and residency, data classification, and consent management
- X+ years of hands-on product management experience, working closely engineering and go-to-market teams
- 3+ years experience with products in CRM (preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Team-building experience
- Track record of building, leading and managing high performing products and associated engineering scrum teams, providing guidance, support, and development to well trained staff, and attracting top talent
- Fosters a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion - our goal is 50% female!
- Highly entrepreneurial, iterative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance on how to provide product direction to meet customer needs
- Has worked on international teams that are distributed across western North America, EMEA and India
- Collaborative and results driven individual with the ability to identify customer problems, solutions, and outcome-driven metrics
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent - with internal team and F500 customer contacts
- Operational experience
- Can define (and has exceeded) revenue, pipeline and growth targets
- Big picture thinker who can translate customer pain points into to operational plans
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications, yet comfortable with ambiguity and can make quick decisions with incomplete information
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to distill complex requirements into prioritized roadmaps
- Collaborates with program and scrum master to facilitate team ceremonies, metrics visibility and processes
This person will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Talk with customers and listen to their problems. Talk to cross-BU teams and understand the problems they’ve heard from customers.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create clear, written documentation of the problems you seek to solve (and associated risks). Collaborate with other BU PMs to finesse your documentation. Present those plans to your team, BU leads and leadership.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & DRAW THE OWL: Ruthlessly prioritize the incremental path to solving customer problems, delivering concrete customer value at each stage. Work closely with customer design partners to deliver experiences they love and value.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Think creatively about the unique advantages of Twilio’s communication breadth and scale, and our future storage challenges. We have vast amounts of engagement data across our business units - but it is not yet centralized or utilized. We also need to manage 3rd party customer data to power future applications.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate extensively with other PMs, other functional teams and BUs within Twilio on their initiatives. Be an advocate and coach for other PMs. Help engineering teams focus on what is needed to create a great product experience. Facilitate quarterly planning, execute sprints in agile/scrum, manage the backlog and sprint prioritization. Collaborate with GTM teams on product launches (marketing, support, sales enablement), and dev experience teams on documentation.
- OTHER: Some monthly travel required to collaborate with engineering teams in San Francisco and occasionally Bangalore.
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Increasingly, we’re hearing from our B2C customers that they’re struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors can’t replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative and team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement and Twilio, this project is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bangalore office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.