Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Director as part of our Global Messaging Exchange. This person will build and lead a team of Account Executives that will have revenue and profit responsibility for our largest customers. This team will support highly analytical and consultative sales to large enterprises. This role is highly cross functional, with deep integration across product management, finance, carrier relations and sales.
- 10+ years of combined experience in major account or strategic sales, managing or leading quantitative, highly analytical products or services with at least 5 years in management or leadership
- 5+ years of experience building and leading high performing teams of individuals that combine major account sales and deep analytics
- Experience with managing a P&L, financial modeling and forecasting is critically important
- Experience in setting priorities, managing forecasting, and can support fiscal planning and revenue tracking for a business
- Comfortable working with business and highly technical leaders, while influencing their understanding and building supportive partnerships
- Record of delivering market driven results, especially to scale and enterprise customers
- Familiarity with matrixed sales models, working in partnership with relationship management, customer success and technical support teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ of experience
- Domain expertise from a highly quant industry such as advertising optimization, investment banking, security or commodity trading especially in non-standard segments
- Software, SaaS, CPaas or PaaS experience
As a Sr. Director of Sales – Messaging Exchange, you will live the Twilio Magic by:
- Be An Owner: Develop, drive, and communicate our revenue management sales strategy, results and opportunities to peers and senior executives
- Don’t Settle: Hire and lead an A-team of business development specialists to deliver optimized margin and gross profit results every period
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Partner closely with other sales teams to identify new revenue opportunities within our largest Strategic Accounts
- Empower Others: Serve on a cross-functional go-to-market team with representatives from partners, services, sales ops, marketing, support and more
- Be inclusive: Collaborate with your team and internal cross-functional sales, marketing and product teams
- Be Bold: Interface with all levels of the target organizations, including product, procurement, IT architects, developers and senior executives
- Work with strategic customers to ensure our post-sales teams are driving their success through delivery and ongoing support
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Run a disciplined forecast, consistently overachieve on goals, and present guidance to executive management
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their consumer engagement.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position could be located in either our San Francisco, CA or NYC, NY office. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.