Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system for nefarious purposes. We are looking for an experienced leader for our global Consumer Trust Operations team, which consists of operations managers, fraud prevention and compliance investigators and analysts. This is a full time remote role with team members located throughout the US and in several international locations. The Director of Consumer Trust Operations is responsible for developing and implementing fraud and abuse prevention strategies that result in high quality investigations and strike the right balance between risk and growth objectives. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing environment, is passionate about preventing consumer harm and enjoys switching between strategic and tactical level thinking.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 10+ years of people management experience, leading global operations teams in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- You have basic technical skills including an understanding of APIs and data analytics.
- You are adept at motivating a team, setting clear expectations and helping your team achieve goals and objectives.
- You are committed to and have had success developing performance and growing your team members’ careers.
- You are a natural problem solver, comfortable using data to arrive at decisions and you consistently demonstrate sound business judgment..
- You are comfortable being a thought leader and advocate for user/ customer protection.
- You have experience defining, managing and implementing policies and procedures from the ground up.
- You are able to build relationships and influence stakeholders across the organization. Strong project and process management skills, including establishing/managing a budget and setting/achieving goals
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable presenting to various levels of leaders/ stakeholders
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills and are comfortable working under pressure.
- You have experience scaling teams, driving automation, implementing tools and technology solutions to drive efficiency.
- Experience in the compliance, fraud, abuse or user protection space preferred but not required.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead and manage the global Consumer Trust operations team which is responsible for fraud prevention and compliance investigations.
- BE BOLD:Hire and develop team members across multiple teams, including analysts, investigators and team leads, helping them successfully work complex investigations, identify bad actors and new fraud trends and prevent losses.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build out the strategy and team focus around what the top priorities are for your team that roll up into the high-level company objectives
- WRITE IT DOWN:Collaborate successfully with PMs, engineers, scientists and other stakeholders throughout organization on products, tools and analytical systems used for detecting and remediating fraud and compliance issues across all channels in our network.
- DON’T SETTLE: Establish and ensure appropriate reporting of operational metrics, team performance and overall patterns and trends.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partner with Product, Compliance, Legal and InfoSec teams to create standard operating procedures, implement new workflows and determine service level and quality objectives.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead the development of a case management system and partner with engineering teams to identify technology solutions that help improve the speed with which we detect bad actors.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Help the team navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and risk mitigation objectives.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Determine optimal staffing levels, ensure team is prioritizing the right work and find opportunities for automation and innovation. Consistently raise the bar and ensure the operations team achieves performance goals and objectives.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a remote position (work from home) with at least 25% travel expected both domestically and internationally.. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$146,200 - $201,080
$137,100 - $188,512
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks