Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
As the Senior Sales Development Manager, Sales Strategy and Analytics, you thrive at strategic thinking, solving problems, synthesizing ideas, and leading transformational change. You have a demonstrated track record of excellence in analysis, project management, communication, business judgment, and coaching/mentoring others. You are energized by a dynamic, high-growth environment, and are resilient in the face of challenges. You will act as a management consultant helping Twilio to clarify fast-moving strategic priorities and tackle operational challenges. You will be the central steward of overall pipeline health for the business. We’re looking for an experienced sales operations leader lives the Twilio Magic Values and is ready to:
- Partner with Sales Development Leadership to continue to scale a successful Inbound and Outbound Sales Development Representative (SDR) program
- Act as the liaison between Marketing Analytics and Sales Strategy & Analytics to streamline collaboration on cross-functional initiatives
- Lead programs and workstreams for successful annual planning, annual launch, and quarterly planning revisions. Responsibilities may include:
- Owning sales development capacity model for Inbound and Outbound SDRs: regional headcount plans, ramp assumptions, productivity assumptions, quota modeling, ROI modeling.
- Owning pipeline target setting process and interlock with Sales, Marketing, Partners, and Product
- Manage end-to-end quota-setting cadence, including analysis, ramp and target recommendation, and sales comp team execution
- Manage global Sales Development territory design, senior stakeholder alignment and CRM execution
- Own Rules of Engagement between Sales Development, Marketing, and Sales
- Create and define KPIs to measure pipeline health, inbound and outbound Sales Development productivity and outbound campaign attribution
- Partner with Sales Development leadership to propose future capacity needs and ensure buy-in from senior leadership on headcount investment based on program ROI
- Develop intimate familiarity with sales funnel behavior and production from lead to opportunity to closed won deal
- Highlight strengths and expose gaps to optimize sales development operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with Sales leadership to surface high priority opportunities for additional demand-generation investments
- Thrives at complex and structured strategic thinking, analytical processing, problem-solving, synthesizing ideas, and written and verbal communication.
- Can ruthlessly prioritize fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and manage through hyper-growth.
- Will become a trusted business partner to Sales, Marketing, and Go-To-Market leadership, and play a critical role in scaling the company’s rapidly growing go-to-market organization.
- Experienced (if not fluent) with the tools of our trade: Tableau, Excel, Salesforce, and components of our Marketing technology stack
- Has 9+ years relevant experience in sales operations, FP&A, biz ops, strategy consulting, and/or the software industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Above all, you live Twilio’s Values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Develop an intimate understanding of sales strategy, organizational structure, our leaders and managers, and their objectives and concerns. Work relentlessly to make them more successful.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Act as an enabling business partner to your teammates and Twilio’s global sales leaders and managers to grow revenue.
- BE BOLD: Recommend and advocate for changes in business strategy based on the insights you and your team generate. Analytical rigor and strategic thinking are a must, but you’ll also need to get your hands dirty to drive real, sustainable impact.
- DRAW THE OWL: Set quotas and objectives for the company, even where no historical performance track record exists.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Project-manage critical change management efforts. You will collaborate closely with business owners across functions, fully immerse yourself in data, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations. You’ll need to communicate your recommendations to senior executives, roll up your sleeves to help drive implementation, and manage the ongoing impact of your recommendations.
The Sales Strategy & Analytics team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior Go-To-Market leadership to illuminate the business and guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.