Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, R&D. In this role you will help build a new Talent Acquisition team focused on hiring senior software engineering talent at the Principal and Architect levels globally. You will partner with R&D executives, R&D Talent Acquisition leadership and engineering leaders from around the company to attract, nurture and hire the senior-most engineers who will empower Twilio’s continued growth and customer focused product innovation. You should excel at juggling multiple priorities and flourish handling a strategically vital and highly visible req load that spans borders and continents. You are excited by the opportunity to work globally with talent in Europe and Asia while building and maintaining important relationships with executives in North and South America too. You should be driven by technological curiosity, and understand how these senior most R&D roles are a key part of our business success. You are comfortable with simultaneously managing multiple searches and supporting multiple engineering leaders with strict deadlines on hiring top, diverse talent in niche regions. You are motivated to develop customer focused scalable processes, create consistency and embrace a growth mindset.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, R&D who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of balancing several global competing priorities with dynamic R&D leaders. They also have:
- 7+ years experience in a technical recruiting role: preferably at technology start-ups, successful SaaS companies, or major players in the technology industry
- Demonstrated experience with full-cycle recruiting, especially for high growth teams
- Comfortable with simultaneously managing multiple searches; ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment while still maintaining priorities and deadlines
- Great sourcing skills as this role will require you to source at least 50% of your time to find diverse candidate profiles for a broad spectrum of technical roles
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, challenging work environment while prioritizing multiple functions and managing time efficiently
As a Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, R&D you will:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Partner with business leaders to develop, prioritize and then deliver on comprehensive workforce plans and hiring strategies
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Whether it’s finding a candidate’s dream job or counseling a leader on the best course of action, seek to understand the customer’s perspective and needs and place those needs first
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build strong relationships across functions and customers (FP&A, HR, Total Rewards, and with candidates) that will create great outcomes
- BE AN OWNER: Take the lead on partnering with business leaders to build a hiring and diversity strategy, then take the lead on sourcing and hiring the best candidates. Ensure a flawless candidate experience and always maintain operational excellence
- BE BOLD: Be creative and innovative. You are empowered to experiment and build whether it’s a new process to improve the experience of a candidate, or a new tool to create a more efficient outcome for a business you support
- DON’T SETTLE: We are building something special at Twilio. You will attract, engage and hire only the best talent to help us reach our goals
The Talent Acquisition team is central to Twilio’s continued growth. You will work closely with R&D leadership to bring in top talent for the company’s strategic goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.