The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join the Phone Numbers Operations team. This role will serve as the subject matter expert for Toll Free numbers in North America. As a Technical Program Manager, you will analyze data across Operations and Product to help us optimize our toll free numbers for cost and quality.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic who also has
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of telecom experience working with toll free numbers (routing, monitoring, configuration).
- Deep understanding of 8MS/SOMOS, LERG, Interconnection Agreements & Vendor Contracts.
- Familiarity with the US Regulatory Landscape and Tariff Structures.
- Experience maintaining and optimizing toll-free routing templates in 8MS/SOMOS.
- The drive to work closely with multiple business units to optimize Toll Free management for customers, creating highly resilient and network redundant solutions.
- The ability to create compelling reports using tools such as Looker, Tableau, or a similar business intelligence tool. Extra points if you have experience with SQL.
- Experience conducting financial analysis.
- Expertise at prioritizing and executing multiple projects simultaneously and keeping others on track. You’re thorough and organized to the extreme.
- Deep project management skills. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion, including cross-functional teams over whom you do not have direct authority.
- Experience learning and mastering every aspect of complicated processes and systems. You can apply the principles of operational excellence to optimize Twilio’s operational processes while improving quality, customer satisfaction, and productivity.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to build effective work relationships and influence stakeholders.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic:
Be an Owner
- Update and maintain toll-free routing templates in 8MS/SOMOS or other comparable systems.
- Analyze Feature Group D, Direct Connect & off-net vendor variable cost components for potential toll-free routing changes and cost-savings initiatives.
- Investigate CDR data to ensure vendor fees are appropriate
- Update and maintain toll-free inventory and routing template data and other traffic components in systems
- Work closely with Carrier Migrations Operations to complete largescale toll free phone number migrations while ensuring 0 impact to Twilio customers.
Draw the Owl
- Investigate new, cost-effective ways to generate toll-free routing templates to drive down unit cost.
- Design dashboards for operational, financial, and system health metrics and service levels
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be an important member of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity. You will be the subject matter expert for Toll Free phone numbers at Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.