Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for an experienced commercial attorney with experience negotiating partner deals to join our growing legal team. You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating sales channel and strategic alliance sales, system integrator and OEM contracts, and work closely with Twilio’s Partners Team as well as other key business units to guide contracts through review, negotiation and signing.
You are a talented and creative attorney who lives the Twilio Magic and is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts and closing deals. This job is for you if you enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well with cross functional business colleagues. You must be client-service oriented, attentive to detail, and possess excellent judgment. We are also looking for someone eager to be a contributing member of a fun, supportive and high functioning team.They also have:
- 4+ years experience with technology related business and commercial contracts with a focus on channel sales, business development, product commercialization and/or procurement.
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of channel sales agreements and new partner agreement models.
- Substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, working with resellers, system integrators, independent software vendors, OEMs, and other alliances and channel partners, and counseling on business development models, and channel relationships.
- Experience working in fast-paced technology companies is required; in-house experience strongly desired and previous experience in the legal department of a US listed company preferred;
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward with a dedication to superior client service.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Due to the expectations of the role a J.D. is required along with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer, Member of California or other Bar membership required.
As Commercial Counsel, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will be responsible to draft, negotiate, structure and close partner-facing and alliances or business development matters. To this end you will help build out centralized resources, processes, and documentation.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will support the Partner team on new templates, fallback positions, standardization and training. This will require deep thinking, collaboration and preparing new templates and negotiation strategies.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will train and advise contract specialists on the Legal Team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based agreements.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will create best practices, streamlined processes and templates for your client groups to help support a rapidly growing business.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You will advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation, and will provide training of your client groups. You will champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity and make sure agreements we enter into are consistent with Twilio’s values and governance processes..
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.