Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Security Software Engineer to join our SecEng team to build and maintain cross-cutting services for internal teams across the enterprise. You will design, deploy, and manage tools that automate security functions and improve efficiencies throughout Twilio. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to influence engineering standards and practices within our organization.
Twilio is looking for an Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated ability to build and maintain software at scale. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in a frontend programming object-oriented programming role
- Skills in languages such as Shell, Python, or Ruby
- Experience developing solutions using frameworks such as: ReactJS, jQuery and AngularJS
- Experience in Docker, Kubernets, and AWS cloud services
- Ability to be on call on a rotating basis
- Understanding of Git and development activities such as merge and conflict resolution of code
- Experience creating the best user experiences while balance the businesses needs of lean development cycles.
- Familiarity with security concepts as well as have a willingness to learn more.
- Experience in Linux systems and have familiarity with dev-ops or sysadmin related skills.
- You are a strong communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally, with a track record of delivering results
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related experience
As a Senior Security Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Create intuitive intelligent security products and services that our developers will love
- BE AN OWNER: Improve the user experience for existing Certificate Management, Security Automation and log management solutions, as well as our upcoming platforms.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Create security impact across teams, in partnership with R&D organization
- NO SHENANIGANS: Write documentation and automated tests for code to be written. Implement functionality for automated tests that will successfully pass and meet coding standards. Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans. Optimize performance of existing implementations.
- BE BOLD: Simplify solutions in existing implementations, while breaking down problems that are well-defined and larger in scope.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.