Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Head of Global Communications Regulatory Affairs to grow and oversee our worldwide telecommunications regulatory affairs function. You will vigorously advocate for outcomes for the benefit of Twilio and its customers, partially in markets outside of the United States.
Twilio is looking for an experienced attorney who lives the Twilo Magic and has a demonstrated track record providing global legal support in communications and carrier regulations. They also have:
- Provided proactive strategic advice as a subject matter expert in telecommunications and carrier regulatory requirements and policy priorities
- Developed and implemented unique strategies to address changes and trends in the telecommunications regulatory environment and carrier ecosystem
- Served as an internal thought leader on legislative and regulatory matters and strategic decision making related to communications and carrier regulations
- Identified and surfaced regulatory risks
- Developed strategy for policy, advocacy and policy-related programming in close collaboration with executive leadership across the company
- Provided counsel on regulatory compliance
A successful day would include identifying a potential issue with a forthcoming regulation or carrier dynamics, and effectively mitigating the effect on our business. You deftly represent Twilio’s interests and advocate with carriers and regulatory agencies daily while living the Twilio Magic values:
- NO SHENANIGANS: Design public affairs and press strategies in cooperation with Twilio’s Public Relations team to promote visibility of policy and advocacy efforts
- BE AN OWNER: Advise executive leadership on global regulatory carrier requirements, compliance standards and policy priorities
- DRAW THE OWL: You are able to develop and implement unique strategies to address changes and trends in the regulatory environment and carrier ecosystem, including identifying and surfacing regulatory risks, providing counsel on regulatory compliance, and protecting Twilio’s access to the global telecommunications networks.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage a global team of regulatory and policy professionals
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Protect Twilio’s access to the global telecommunications networks
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partner closely with the Super Network team to identify, analyze and address regulatory issues related to the geographic expansion of Twilio’s business, build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
The carrier ecosystem and regulatory environment are critical to Twilio’s operations and ultimate success. In this role you will partner closely with the Super Network and Product teams to ensure Twilio’s compliance with applicable regulations around the world. You will also direct policy and advocacy efforts with US and non-US regulators and legislators, partnering closely with the PR team to increase Twilio’s voice and impact in shaping legislation and changing the carrier ecosystem.
As part of Twilio’s Legal team, you will add a critical expertise essential to improving Twilio’s operations and product offerings, in addition to enhancing and expanding our government relations efforts and impact on telco regulations around the globe.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.