Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Country Manager for DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) to lead our Sales team. This is a senior leadership position responsible for net new business acquisition whilst growing Twilio’s existing revenues from DACH. This individual will lead a team of inside and field sales reps and will report into Twilio’s Vice President of EMEA and partner with senior leaders across the company to drive revenue growth and increase Twilio’s market share in territory.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic, is highly entrepreneurial and may be required to wear many hats. You will be someone who is comfortable with both senior enterprise stakeholders but hold high respect for the developer community. The successful candidate will execute what is needed for Twilio to win and capture extensive market share in the German speaking territory.
As Country Manager you are able to;
- Build, develop and retain a high-performing sales team that cultivates trusted-advisor relationships with our customers and prospects at all levels (developer to C-suite).
- Drive new customer acquisition (hunting and selling); building pipeline, progressing prospects through a consultative sales process, measure and develop the funnel at every sales stage, accurately forecast new customer acquisition and revenue.
- Exemplify Twilio’s Leadership Principles; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members.
- Be a principal customer advocate for the territory, develop strong internal relationships across Twilio including; marketing, product development, support, finance, and the extended sales organization to solidify our partnership with and commitment to our DACH customers. Ensure customer objectives are met and all account issues are quickly resolved.
- Working with Twilio product teams, roll out new products, pricing, and services across DACH. These include Voice & Video, Messaging, Authentication and Connected Devices across use cases in Access Security, Call & Text Marketing, Collaboration, Commerce Communications and Contact Centers.
- Passionate about software solutions with prior experience in PaaS (Platform as a Service) and cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware etc.) and solving technical problems for customers.
- Proven ability in building business cases around complex cloud solutions for C level managers.
- Ownership of and responsibility for revenue from existing client base in territory. Ensure renewals, minimize churn and profitably upsell expanded use while cross selling new use cases into existing accounts, measure and develop the funnel at every sales stage, accurately forecast cross-sell, up-sell, and organic revenue growth.
As the DACH Country Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets and drive use of product, support, sales force automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to provide strong analytics and solid visibility in your team’s execution.
- DRAW THE OWL: Experience with high-growth technology company demands and a track record of success in go-to-market launch and strategy. Think critically and objectively; with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance. You will have positive energy, outstanding communication and influencing skills, gravitas, excellent relationship development skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Highly collaborative, Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio. With a history in business sales leadership and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will develop a high performing national sales team. Ability to be personable yet persistent.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and negotiating agreement terms.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Munich office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.