Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Just as Twilio’s business is growing rapidly, so is the engineering organization building our products. Platform Engineering at Twilio is about delivering force-multiplying software solutions that keep Twilio shipping products with quality and velocity. Productivity Engineering is focusing on the source code management, build, CI and artifact management solutions that enable our engineering efforts to scale. The person in this role will be responsible to maintain and help transform the build and CI experience at Twilio. The team’s goal is to provide an industry leading development experience to delight the Twilio engineers.
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer (L3) who lives the Twilio Magic and was materially involved in scaling a mid-sized company’s build and CI experience through the delivery and improvement of software solutions. They also have:
- A strong interest and experience with at least one of the following solutions: build frameworks (mvn, gradle etc), CI/CD Systems (Github Actions, Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis, CircleCi), Artifact repositories (Yum, Nexus, pypi, Artifactory, NPM), Containers/Kubernetes.
- Experience with OOP (e.g. Java), and infrastructure design / coding skills
- Experience with Amazon EC2 or similar elastic computing facilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experienced Java developer
- Experience with source code management solutions
- Experience with configuration management solutions (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc)
- Experience with Artifact management solutions: Artifactory, Nexus etc.
- Experience with Java and/or Python build, packaging and testing solutions
As a Software Engineer (L3) on the Productivity Engineering team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Design software solutions to review with stakeholders and engineering leadership within the greater platform team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new tooling and approaches from internal and external sources to increase productivity in software development at Twilio.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of build and CI system development and implementation including strategy formation, developing use cases and Proof of Concept, coding and developing new products and integrations.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all cross functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our engineering leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating tools, conducting due diligence, and determining development strategy and execution with your team members.
The Productivity Engineering team is central to Twilio’s focus on the customers. We work closely with senior engineering leadership and product teams to guide engineering practices for optimal velocity and quality. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating and implementing solutions for source code management, build and testing and artifact management which perform an integral role to an efficient and confident continuous integration and delivery solution. Our team enables success for Twilio by saving engineering time and efforts.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely or in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.