Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a passionate storyteller to help us amplify the Twilio story to a wide range of audiences from the developer to the largest enterprises across our target markets in the Asia Pacific region -- currently focused on Australia and Japan, but with plans to expand, particularly in Singapore. This individual will join a growing global Corporate Communications function building thought leadership for Twilio across a diverse product line, showcasing a unique variety of use cases and engaging audiences around the world.
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Has built a regional communications function for a public company
- Has experience driving PR programs in key markets/ hubs - Japan, ANZ and also South-east Asia (Singapore), Hong Kong (N. Asia).
- Has 10+ years of experience at a PR agency as well as in-house
- Has strong media relationships with both trade and business press that deliver proven results
- Has experience working with executives to develop thought leadership platforms, pitching stories to top tier press, and training and preparing spokespeople to talk with the press
- Has managed a network of PR agencies in multiple countries to execute a coordinated regional communications plan, holding them accountable to an agreed set of metrics
- Has experience working with a variety of technology companies from B2B to B2C
- Can collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as external customers and partners to build compelling stories that demonstrate the impact of Twilio in the world
- Can build and align a strategic communications plan and map objectives to regional business objectives and the global communications plan
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understands how to work on a global team to orchestrate coordinated results
- Can measure the effectiveness of the programs executed in the region
Whether it is telling the world about our latest product release, amplifying a customer success story, collaborating with an industry partner or creating a thought leadership platform, you will work with teams across the company and our ecosystem to drive programs that establish and build on Twilio’s relevance in the market. As with most PR roles, each day can be wildly different and bring you new opportunities to flex your PR muscles.
As a PR Lead for APJ, you will live the Twilio Magic values and an engaging day includes:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating with internal stakeholders to craft compelling stories that help establish Twilio as a thought leader among its target audiences
- Partnering with technical product leaders to distill their stories into press-ready narratives
- Engaging with external partners and customers to connect them to our storytelling
- BE BOLD: Pitching stories to top tier and trade press
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Meeting with innovative customers and figuring out ways Twilio can amplify the work they do on our platform
- BE AN OWNER & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Strategizing communications plans with product and marketing counterparts
- Working with agencies to broaden Twilio’s awareness in the US and in global markets where we have PR programs
- Working with executives to develop thought leadership platforms, develop campaigns to amplify those platforms and pitch out for interviews and speaking opportunities
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Training and preparing spokespeople to speak with the press
Twilio’s PR focus has been driven out of the company’s US headquarters in San Francisco. As the company expands its presence around the world, it is critical that we have folks in each region focused on the unique needs of those regions. This is an opportunity for someone to come in and build an industry leading communications function for a fast growth company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 9 Straits View Marina One West Tower. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks and regular team events and activities along with regular company and regional All Hands and more. You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.