Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager in Japan. Twilio is well established in the cloud communications space globally, and we are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to design and deliver messaging, positioning, and enablement materials, specifically for the Japanese market. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing for Communications products, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growth aspirations in Japan.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in product marketing. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in product marketing, technical marketing, or content marketing.
- Strong preference for someone with prior experience at a telecoms/technology (software) company.
- You know how to enable and educate internal audiences about how to position competitively.
- You are a person who loves to write and can write across a broad spectrum--from plans, to sales copy, to white papers, to blog posts.
- You can get things done. You jump into the details and work through hurdles.
- You are technical--you like learning how to build things and figuring out how best to demonstrate the benefits of the product.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, Japan you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Take the initiative to identify the areas of differentiation for Twilio in Japan - and then build the pull suite of coverage from positioning, messaging, website, and detailed sales assets.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across functional teams within Twilio, sales, product marketing, product, content, brand, field, and developer network.
- DRAW THE OWL & WRITE IT DOWN: There is no guide book. As the first product marketing hire outside the US, in many situations, you will need to work with what you have to find the best path to success for your stakeholders.
The Product Marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of customer engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling and customer insights. The Product Marketing team plays an integral role in talking to and listening to customers, to understand their delights, needs and frustrations; and using that to inform the product narrative.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in the WeWork co-working space at Tokyu Yotsuya Building, 6-6 Kojimachi Chiyoda-ku. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.