Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Warehouse engineer to be a key member of the Data Warehouse team based in Denver,Colorado. You will design and build data integrations, ETL workflows, dimensional data models and manage our data warehouse and integration infrastructure that fuels strategic business decisions across Twilio. You will partner with business users, analysts, engineers and product managers to translate data needs into critical information that can be used to implement data integration and etl solutions. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic and collaborative attitude, and delights in making a difference. As a successful candidate, you must have a deep background in Data Warehouse / ETL development (or a related field). You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, and can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in conceiving and delivering Data Warehouse solutions at company-wide scale.
- 3-5 years of data warehouse, integrations and etl development experience is a fast paced company that delivers software
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- Strong analytical and dimensional modeling background
- Experience in MPP data warehouse systems such as Snowflake, Redshift etc. or similar
- Experience in ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, FiveTran, Segment etc. or similar
- Experience in one or more Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera, MapR etc. is a plus
- Experience in distributed computing environments like Spark, Presto etc. is a plus
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB etc. is a plus
- Experience with modern BI tools such as Looker, Tableau etc. is a plus
- Experience working in agile environment and iterative development
- Possess strong business acumen--you can communicate effectively with business users
- Possess strong technical acumen–you can communicate effectively with engineers
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your point of view
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience
As a Data Warehouse Engineer in the Data Warehouse team, you will live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Design and implement solutions for the central data warehouse and clearly articulate technical rationale behind your design and implementation choices
- Participate in Agile/Scrum activities including planning, standups, retrospectives; Provide point of view on user stories. You will work closely with a team of Data Analysts and Data Engineers
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES
- Partner with Enterprise data leadership,product managers, analysts and other engineers to ensure they have the right information to engage with the central data warehouse team and ensure happy customers.
- How will you listen to your customers’ challenges, identify opportunities, craft solutions, and deliver the right value at the right time?
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
DRAW THE OWL
- You’ll forge the vision for the central data warehouse platform and how it can make an impact at Twilio. There’s no instruction book, it’s yours to write. You’ll figure it out, ship it, and iterate. You’ll invent the future, but you won’t wing it.
The Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence is a central organization within Twilio that provides data infrastructure and related services in the form of data lake, data warehouse, business intelligence and data governance etc, that supports long term growth and sustainability. Our mission is to enable fact based decision making by providing clean, governed, accurate data in scalable and easy to use systems in a timely manner. We play an integral role in shaping our business decisions that enable company’s growth and success and are the backbone of Twilio’s data driven culture.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.