Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director, Managing Counsel (Corporate) to join the legal team. In this role you will oversee legal support and counsel to areas of the business on the range of corporate, governance, securities and compliance matters. You will work collaboratively as part of the corporate legal team to bring a proactive approach to securities law and compliance.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading successful commercial legal teams.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience, including at least 5 years at a nationally recognized law firm, including significant work in a corporate & securities practice, and 2 to 4 years of experience as in-house counsel.
- Experience in preparation of public company SEC reporting including ’34 Act filings like the 10-K, 10-Q, proxy statement, 8-K and strong SEC disclosure drafting skills.
- Work collaboratively to prioritize business objectives and manage the corporate aspects of being a fast-growing company.
- Provide support for other projects, including working on a range of complex equity and securities issues.
- Assist with international expansion relating to subsidiary management.
- Exceptional attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Support all governance / compliance policies and procedures, including updates to such policies and procedures.
- Lead the equity team and corporate paralegal.
As a Director, Managing Counsel, Securities and Equities, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide legal counsel in connection with all corporate activities, assisting in preparing SEC reports and disclosures (including reviewing and advising on 10-Ks and 10-Qs, drafting 8-Ks, drafting proxy statements, overseeing Section 16 reporting, and managing legal aspects of SEC reporting process).
- BE AN OWNER: Able to provide legal advice and support with respect to global stock plans, executive compensation, subsidiary management, investor relations, shareholder outreach, compliance with policies and other corporate matters.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment, as well as manage a small team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Team oriented, with exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong sense of humor, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and sound judgment and able to partner with global cross-functional teams including Investor Relations, Accounting and Tax as well as other Legal professionals on various projects.
Twilio’s legal team is rapidly growing, scaling to serve customers around the globe with increasingly complex problems to solve. Our mission is to power a global platform that enables revenue and instills trust with all Twilio stakeholders. We aim to mitigate risk while facilitating high growth and innovation. We’re looking for a stellar leader to join our dynamic legal team working on innovative legal issues across a growing global company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.