Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where, and Why
We are looking for an experienced Senior Legal Counsel who speaks German or French fluently to join our growing legal team in EMEA. You will be responsible for partnering with Twilio’s sales team and other internal stakeholders to manage large volumes of deals through review, negotiation and signing. You will be required to give ad-hoc legal advice on various issues and to take ownership leading projects on process improvement.
Twilio is looking for a talented and creative Attorney who lives the Twilio Magic and is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts and closing deals. This job is for you if you enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced and high pressure environment, you work well with sales reps in particular and a wide-range of personalities in general. You must be German or French qualified lawyer with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success or experience as a lawyer. You will also have:
- 10+ years corporate transaction experience with significant experience with commercial contracts.
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of contracts, including SAAS and PAAS contracts, professional services agreement and NDA’s.
- Good knowledge of GDPR and experience with handling and dealing with GDPR related questions in contract negotiations.
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward.
- Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Salesforce and DocuSign.
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of the drafting, review, negotiation, and management of a wide range of legal agreements. Advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation. Also, champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity by ensuring that Twilio’s compliance policies are in practice and protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, and are in line with Twilio’s values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Seek to understand the context of the positions of Twilio’s customers and the requests from Twilio’s internal clients, and strive to solve problems and address issues from their perspectives.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard template language to be used in contracts. Create processes and procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly evaluate which matters and issues are most worthy or in need of your attention at any given time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Train and advise contract specialists on the legal team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based agreements.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be based in any of our offices in London, Paris, Munich or Berlin. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch twice a week, snacks, massages, board games, along with our bi-weekly global All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.