Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a General Manager to lead a new business line for global Business to Consumer (B2C) Messaging. In this position you will lead a global team of sales, business development and analytics professionals. You will also work alongside a sales organization to ensure high customer engagement and satisfaction.
- 15+ years of experience in revenue functions and proven ability to scale revenues in a profitable and efficient way to multi-hundred million USD
- Track record of building, leading and managing high performing teams, providing guidance, support, and development to well trained staff, and attracting top talent. Foster a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
- Big picture thinker who can translate a vision to operational plans. Demonstrated ability to write down clear long term strategies and structured business plans, incorporating market intelligence, customer feedback and data.
- Proven ability to act independently, with excellent judgment, credibility, and decision making skills. Focus on establishing clear priorities across many initiatives and making deliberate, data driven trade-offs that maximize customer benefits
- Creates the business cadences, metrics visibility and processes to support an operationally excellent organization that improves execution as we scale.
- Collaborative and results driven individual with the ability to identify opportunity, influence, negotiate, and constructively implement improvements throughout an organization
- Ability to communicate company successes, trends, efficiencies, areas of improvement, and strategies for growth in a professional, enthusiastic, results driven manner
- Experience operating a two-sided marketplace is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Be a trusted advisor to Twilio’s most complex messaging customers and secure Twilio’s downstream partners a healthy distribution channel.
- Build, lead, and manage a global team.
- Be accountable for revenues and gross profits of the new business line
- Develop and monitor key metrics to guide the team and report revenues and gross margin effectiveness, including regular performance reporting and dashboards
- Work with leadership teams across product and GTM to build the business, increase market visibility and continue to build a fast-paced, results driven culture.
Customers are increasingly turning to messaging to communicate with their global customer base at scale. We are forming a dedicated business line that has the expertise, tooling and focus to deliver a best-in-class platform to our ecosystem. This team will be accountable for achieving accelerated growth in our messaging business with sustainable profits to Twilio. This team will create significant value for Twilio’s ecosystem of customers and partners.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.