Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Business Analyst to join the IT Vendor Management Office. We are looking for a professional with experience in both information technology and business administration. The person in this role will contribute their analytical skills, working with various data sources to provide business insights and solve complex problems related to: software license management, software onboarding processes, software optimization and vendor management. To be successful, the person will need to be detail oriented, possess superior interpersonal skills, and deep understanding of popular data analysis tools.
Twilio is looking for an individual contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of automating data processes using industry standard tools. This individual also has:
- 3+ years experience in technology development and deployment
- 3+ years experience in a data analyst role and has proficiency in statistical tools to do descriptive, predictive and diagnostic analysis
- Previous Project Management experience managing large scale projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and problem solve based upon available information
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders including internal customers, management, teammates and vendors
- Work as a liaison to analyze, validate and verify requirements for complex changes to current business processes and for the development of new business processes, policies and information systems.
- Technically savvy with cloud, communications, enterprise software, hardware and supplier relationship management skill set
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer/Software Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience required
- Experience with Flexera, ServiceNow (SAM) and Aspera a plus
As a Business Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Present key findings from large scale projects driving software and supplier management improvements.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal and external sources to improve software offerings, onboarding/intake processes and drive cost savings
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist driving software efficiencies, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be inclusive and interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio to gain significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Create a data-driven culture within the business unit by enabling the team to be self-sufficient around a single source of truth.
The Vendor Management Office is responsible for executing a third party vendor strategy to serve Twilio’s IT needs through an efficient global supply chain. As Twilio continues to grow, it is critical that we properly manage software and hardware available to our fellow Twilions so they are better able to serve our customers. The Software Analyst position will be key in driving relevant change to business processes, leading to increased efficiencies.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.