Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing fast and looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Flex Integrations team in Prague.
Flex is Twilio’s flagship contact center solution and is a unique product that provides our customers with the building blocks they need to meet their needs. In the modern world of SaaS, the integration between them and functionality provided by Twilio partners gets more and more important. It allows our customers to “connect the dots” quickly and increases the overall value almost exponentially. We are proud of Flex features and when we manage to create the living and breathing ecosystem around it, there will be no limit :)
We are looking for a motivated individual to lead our Test Automation strategy in Prague, as well as be a champion for quality across the Flex Insights organization.
- 5+ years of software development and/or testing experience
- Ability to quickly understand use cases of our partners and transform them into a Validation suite
- Knowledge of Contact Center business domain
- Proficient in a modern development language such as Java or Python
- Experience with developing and designing automated tests
- Expert in Quality Assurance testing techniques
- Champion of good engineering habits: development techniques, security, tech debt balance, agile processes, etc
- Strong communication skills: In person, on paper, or in code, you can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support
- Passion for quality code and building things
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with our external partners and other engineering teams to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and validation specs
- DRAW THE OWL: Set and lead testing direction without having all of the answers
- BE AN OWNER: Architect new systems with a focus on interoperability, scalability, testability, and maintainability
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Help resolve technical issues and blockers for internal and external customers
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care what our code looks like, and you should too
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with colleagues on a small, energetic team
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at Sokolovská 694/100a, Karlín, Praha. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, Monday lunches and Wednesday breakfasts. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), mobile phone and gym reimbursement and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.