Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Contacts Team is looking for a passionate Software Engineer who is excited at the opportunity to join a world-class Contacts Platform and solve some of the hardest engineering problems at Twilio. The centralized Contacts Platform is tasked to take the future of communications to a significantly powerful next level by strengthening the contacts inventory.
Twilio is looking for Software Engineer (Backend) who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 6+ years of experience building resilient, high-throughput services and distributed systems.
- Experience in designing asynchronous and multi-threaded concepts
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with large scale data intensive applications (SQL, NoSQL, Elastic search etc)
- Experience with designing and managing CI / CD pipelines and monitoring tools (Jenkins, Datadog, Nagios etc.)
- Experience with crafting clear and concise documentation
- Ability to work in a collaborative fashion with different partners such as product, architecture etc.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior engineers to become excellent software engineers.
Nice to have:
- Experience working on AWS stack (EC2, RDS, SQS, Route 53, S3, Kinesis etc).
- Experience working on containers (docker, kubernetes)
- Experience working with Golang
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE, EMPOWER OTHERS: Work in a small, high-impact, diverse team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Find innovative ways to solve complex engineering problems by simple architecture.
- BE AN OWNER: Build and operate your team's services in a distributed production environment in the DevOps model; Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load and performance tests.
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly look for areas of improvement in processes, system and optimize. Be an advocate for balancing tech debt and feature development
- WRITE IT DOWN: Write blueprints, technical documents that empower the team to learn and grow.
- NO SHENANIGANS:Treat everyone with respect, in every mode of communication.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. Twilio's Contacts team is responsible for providing and managing Customer’s contacts and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring our data pipelines remain healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Redwood City, California. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.