Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be a key contributor for our Customer Lifecycle Engineering team, where you will develop features that impact all points in the customer lifecycle. You will use the latest distributed systems programming techniques and technologies, including microservices, Kubernetes, AWS cloud infrastructure and APIs. The person in this role will bring with them the ability to write complex backend services, communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, and have a tremendous drive to hone their craft.
Twilio is looking for a senior software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building and maintaining complex backend systems in a dynamic environment using the latest data center technologies, both on-prem and in the cloud.
They also have:
- 5+ years of software development experience in a modern programming language (Go (preferred), Python, Java, Ruby or C++).
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining reliable, robust, and performant software that tolerates and recovers from unreliable dependencies throughout the entire software lifecycle.
- Expert OO experience and software engineering expertise (coding, automated tests, profiling, monitoring, etc).
- Solid experience with MySQL, Redis and Kafka. DynamoDB a plus.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud computing services is a plus.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document technology decisions and implementations, and support epic and story refinement.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for improvement across both technology and process. Use your foresight and experience to keep our systems effectively running now and in the future through profiling, load testing, failure testing, monitoring and much more to have confidence in the robustness of the systems we deploy.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate to support strong team results and build effective working relationships.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Exhibit good priority and time management skills to support sprint commitments.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of technology decisions, including strategy, efficiencies, open source offerings, and integration details. Champion meticulous, high quality engineering and be a role model for software development habits and practices for distributed systems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and encourage collaborative solutions.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and transparency in all your communications and interactions. Use your advanced engineering, communication and organizational skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants and needs.
The Customer Lifecycle team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with stakeholders and product teams to design and implement the infrastructure for all customer activities on our system. This includes everything from sign-up/sign-in to billing and account management.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.