Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio's Wireless business unit is growing rapidly and seeking a talented Network Operations Engineer to join the Wireless Super Network operating our connectivity to the mobile networks. This role is involved in planning, implementing and maintaining partners for all wireless products. Working closely with the software engineers and product managers, you will be in an ideal position to drive the operational requirements of our systems.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of operational excellence on mobile networks:
- Proficient working with SS7 and Diameter protocols.
- Planning and configuring common monitoring metrics.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Experienced in testing network roaming capabilities.
- Experienced working with multiple modems, IoT devices and smart-phones.
- BS in electrical or computer engineering.
- 3+ years experience working on integration projects.
- Knowledgeable working with common networking operating systems.
- Keen on automating repetitive tasks with scripting languages like Python
As Network Operations Engineer, you will:
- Plan and maintain network integrations with IMSI sponsors
- Configure and maintain monitoring systems
- Take part in on-call rotation
- Own connecting to new partners
- Work on the Super SIM profile
- Support device teams in troubleshooting connectivity issues
- Assist product owners and customers and follow device best practices
- Own escalations to partners and internal
The rapid rise of IoT is contributing to Twilio’s continued growth as a company. By ensuring we operate an industry-leading network, you’ll not only make a significant contribution to Twilio’s success, but you’ll also enable customers to imagine and create next level IoT solutions. With the enormous growth rate predicted for industries in the IoT space, this team will help Twilio navigate the path to success. You will have the opportunity to provide an excellent connectivity experience.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. Twilio invests in dedicated weeks for employees to tackle hard problems, creating and testing their own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 9 Straits View Marina One West Tower. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks and regular team events and activities along with regular company and regional All Hands and more. You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
About us :
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.