The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer for the Report Center team. This position is critical and will help us tackle some of the most complex engineering challenges at the company.
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in data storage, distributed systems and data management and querying frameworks. You should have the ability to work with complex data structures within a large system and a solid understanding of data processing, scaling, and efficiency.
- 5-7+ Years of engineering experience building at-scale software applications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks
- Experience with Java / Scala is preferred, knowledge of Kafka / Spark a plus.
- Able to think at scale and meet high availability goals, bringing a focus on solving resiliency, latency and quality challenges.
As a Software Engineer on the Report Center team , you will:
- Be part of a small, high-impact and multi-talented engineering team in San Francisco or Mountain View
- Develop low latency, highly available, distributed services which powers the generic analytics/reporting platform at Twilio
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and /scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
You will be part of a team that is building a low latency real time reporting/analytics platform. This endeavor will allow you to leverage, evangelise and contribute to some of the latest open source technologies. Some of the technologies that are being used in this product are Apache Kudu, Apache Kafka streams, Apache Spark etc.
In addition, this product will be used by various internal twilio teams as well as by twilio customers. This position presents a unique opportunity to create a company wide impact. If you are a person who likes to figure it out, embraces crazy ideas and has the hunger to build best of breed software, come join us!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in our San Francisco office at 375 Beale Street or our Mountain View office at 399 W. El Camino Real. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.