Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager of International Total Rewards to join our Global Total Rewards organization and be a data driven subject matter expert of all things related to compensation & benefits. This role will have accountability for delivery of our international total rewards programs focused on compensation, equity and benefits for an organization undergoing rapid growth and transformation. Success in the role can be defined through execution of a total rewards strategy that contributes to the achievement of business goals and helps the organization make the most of its people.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Total Rewards, this position will be critical to ensure that Twilio remains competitive in the highly competitive tech environment.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Total Rewards professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading international total rewards programs. They also have:
- 5+ years (preferably) of compensation & benefits experience in high-growth software companies; International experience is a must
- Knowledge of Radford, WTW and other published surveys
- Working knowledge of equity for a public company
- Business acumen and financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to bring programs from concept to successful implementation.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and good judgment.
- Proficiency in MS-Excel, Google Sheets, etc.; Workday experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience, CCP preferred
As a Manager of International Total Rewards,, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own & participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company compensation and benefits programs. Participate in multiple global cross-functional projects and process improvement initiativesMaintain a working knowledge of federal and state legislation influencing compensation and benefits. Coordinate vendor management, wellness and health education initiatives. Negotiate coverage services and costs with carriers. Prepare job descriptions, conduct job evaluation and salary surveys, establish salary structures, develop salary budgets, and prepare policies and procedures to insure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation. Monitor and evaluate the company’s benefits programs including: insurance programs, retirement plans, sick leave, time off and vacation policies, and ensure these programs are current with regard to trends, practices and costs
- BE BOLD: Collaborate with the Global Total Rewards programs on design and administration of key compensation and benefits programs. Contribute to the development of Twilio’s Total Rewards & People function
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be a strong partner to HR Business partners, recruiters, payroll, employees and managers
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in the administration of our compensation and benefits programs.
The objective of this role will be to design & develop rewards programs to ensure that Twilio continues to attract and retain the best talent in the world. Twilio is set to experience rapid international growth and we are expanding our workforce in several countries across the globe. In every location we operate in, our employees need to be deeply engaged, motivated and happy as they continue to build for our continued global growth.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in the city centre, Dublin. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, lunches, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.