Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
As the Senior Program Manager for Sales Strategy & Analytics, you have a demonstrated track record of excellence in coordinating sophisticated cross-functional workstreams and leading transformational projects. You will act as a management consultant helping Twilio to clarify fast-moving strategic priorities and tackle operational challenges. We’re looking for an experienced sales operations leader who is ready to:
- Lead programs and workstreams for successful annual planning, annual launch, and quarterly planning revisions. Responsibilities may include:
- Owning sales capacity model & planning software platform: quota-carrying headcount plan, ramp assumptions, productivity assumptions, revenue assumptions, quota modeling, ROI modeling.
- Owning quota-setting process: data inputs, quota analysis and recommendations, internal review cadence, senior stakeholder approval.
- Oversee territory planning and carving process: segment design strategy, senior stakeholder alignment, firmographic data inputs and data integrity, directing analyst use of territory carving tool, timeline management, sales manager review cadence, operational launch in CRM, oversight of “curing period” by salespeople.
- Lead transformation initiatives in partnership with our Sales Systems team. Responsibilities may include:
- Selecting software vendors and implementing new software platforms for use by the team or sales organization,
- Upgrades or overhauls to CRM object model, data structure/integrity, UI’s, workflows, rules and standards.
- Designing sales rep training material for key business processes and system functionality.
- Reconciling clear roles and responsibilities within Sales Operations org (and adjacent departments) when new business obligations arise.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated program management track record.
- Thrives at complex and structured strategic thinking, analytical processing, problem-solving, synthesizing ideas, and written and verbal communication.
- Can ruthlessly prioritize fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and manage through hyper-growth.
- Will become a trusted business partner to Sales and Go-To-Market leadership, and play a critical role in scaling the company’s rapidly growing go-to-market organization.
- Experienced (if not fluent) with the tools of our trade: Excel, Salesforce, planning software.
- Has 5+ years relevant experience in sales operations, FP&A, biz ops, strategy consulting, and/or the software industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Develop an intimate understanding of sales strategy, organizational structure, our leaders and managers, and their objectives and concerns. Work relentlessly to make them more successful.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Act as an enabling business partner to your teammates and Twilio’s global sales leaders and managers to grow revenue.
- BE BOLD: Recommend and advocate for changes in business strategy based on the insights your team generates. Analytical rigor and strategic thinking are a must, but you’ll also need to get your hands dirty to drive real, sustainable impact.
- DRAW THE OWL: Set quotas for Sales, even where no historical performance track record exists.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Project-manage critical change management efforts. You will collaborate closely with business owners across functions, fully immerse yourself in data, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations. You’ll need to communicate your recommendations to senior executives, roll up your sleeves to help drive implementation, and manage the ongoing impact of your recommendations.
The Sales Strategy & Analytics team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior Go-To-Market leadership to illuminate the business and guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks, game room, fitness center, massages, monthly All Hands and more.You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.