Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Vice President, Growth Sales
We're looking for an experienced leader to lead our Growth (SMB) business segment. As Vice President, Growth Sales, you will be responsible for bringing your strategic vision and innovative approach to expand the Growth sales teams responsible for selling all of our products to this segment. Reporting to the SVP of WW Sales, you will play a key role in generating new revenue, sales process design, and creation of efficient programs that deliver high rep productivity in a model that allows us to scale quickly with success.
If you have an action mindset and are excited by the idea of quickly scaling globally, this is a rare opportunity to join a bold, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven leadership team and company while engaging with some of the best partners in every geography in the world.
- Build, develop and retain a high-performing account executive team that cultivates trusted-advisor relationships with prospective customers at all levels (developer to c-suite).
- Lead the development of a repeatable and scalable client success methodology.
- Develop and drive the account planning process for our top strategic accounts that results in deeper relationships and continually greater use of our offerings.
- As a principal customer advocate, develop strong internal relationships with Twilio sales, marketing, product development, support and finance to solidify support for our existing and potential new customers
- Working across Twilio, align on and execute strategies to constantly improve client satisfaction, reduce customer churn and successfully expand our relationships and revenue.
- Drive use of product, support, sales force automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to provide strong analytics and solid visibility in your team’s execution.
To Be Considered, You Need
- 10+ years of sales experience and 3+ years in sales leadership.
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS or consumption based technology experience where customer relationships are dependent on technical performance.
- Ability to evaluate teams, develop and reshape them as necessary while mentoring and inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels.
- Bring data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and forecasting.
- Model our core values and attributes; invest in the success of your team, and create a meaningful experience for our people.
- World-class interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong negotiation and pricing strategy skills.
- Project management, planning and organizational skills.
- A bachelor’s degree and prior work related experience or equivalent.
- Bonuses -- experience with any or all of the following:
- Communications technology
- Developer driven customer relationships
- SMB customers
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications and customer engagement.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is ideally located in our beautiful HQ office in San Francisco or our offices in Denver, Atlanta or New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.