Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance. The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer serves as the Contact Center and Twilio Flex expert within any sales opportunity.
The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out a flow on a whiteboard with technical decision makers.
*You will be traveling 20%-35% of the time for this role
Twilio is looking for a Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- Previous experience in Contact Center, Telecom, and SIP
- Some previous pre-sales experience a huge plus
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Some previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live the Twilio Magic every day.
- BE AN OWNER: Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- BE AN OWNER: Quickly learn new products and new technologies
- Form a deep understanding of their business and the problems they’re trying to solve
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep asking probing questions.
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
- Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Educate and mentor customers and colleagues
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Assist with customer hackathons.
- DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation.
Solutions Engineers play a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and are critical to deal success. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products and technology. SE’s help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio’s APIs.
Twilio customers often share common use cases, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. Each company is unique when it comes to process, technology stacks, and skill. The Twilio Solutions Engineer owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful class A office at 110 William Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, ergonomic desks, massages, game room, monthly All Hands gatherings and more. You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.