Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Global Controller, with previous controllership experience to join our Accounting organization. You are right for this role if you are passionate about adding value to an organization through an intense focus on process improvement, software automation and building capabilities that will scale for the next 10 years. The delivery of timely, complete and accurate financial information that can be relied on to help drive ongoing financial decisions is, of course, crucial. You see the bigger picture, excel at juggling multiple priorities and thrive at going above and beyond.
You are a leader with a strong ability to solve problems in a fluid environment. You are able to partner with all functional teams and leaders throughout the organization. Ideally, you have more than ten years of experience with a mix of Big Four or prior industry experience in a similar role.
- BA/BS degree and a CPA designation
- A deep understanding of industry best practices including the use and implementation of software tools and have strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills that allow interactions with business partners
- Ability to be a results oriented leader who can manage, influence, and drive strategic solution development across diverse teams while independently operating in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects
- Works well in a global environment; adept at transitioning work to cost advantaged geographies, while continuing to grow and develop US-based teams
- Passionate about recruiting, cultivating and mentoring talent; can manage a large workforce of > 100 directly managed employees
- Comfortable working with limited direction; collaborates well with FP&A and other stakeholder groups
Reporting to our CFO, the individual in this role will have primary responsibility over all aspects of the financial close process and preparation of Twilio’s financial statements and financial reporting.
- BE AN OWNER: Work to streamline and constantly improve Twilio’s reporting processes. Provide key insights and visibility to assist in Twilio’s forecasting.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide guidance and play a key role in technical accounting decisions along with the external reporting team. Developing and maintaining positive relationships within Twilio, including across business functions with the goal of being a valued business advisor.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Can lead and manage by example. Able to build a high-achieving, collaborative team.
The Accounting organization is on a mission to hire the very best and to create exceptional employee experiences. We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value to Twilio through our collaboration with all other functional teams at Twilio. We realize that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours. You will have an incredible impact in how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability, and your role is integral into growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We are flexible within the United States, but will require heavy travel in the first six months if you are not based in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.