Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Security Specialist to be a key member of our Third Party Security team to ensure that vendors are assessed based on the risk to Twilio and our brand. You’ll be responsible for monitoring these external parties throughout their relationship with us and providing guidance as an authority to internal partners and senior management. You have a motivation to enhance the program’s maturity and are comfortable working with small teams in a growing company environment.
Twilio is looking for a Security Specialist who lives the Twilio Magic values and is knowledgeable about security best practices and confident with communicating to internal customers and external vendors. They also have:
- You have 2+ years information security experience with strong preference given to individuals with experience in vendor security.
- Direct knowledge of IT system architecture concepts and Cloud technology, as well as supporting technology such as network security, firewalls, user account management, audit and logging, and other security concepts as outlined in ISO27001, OWASP and related security standards.
- You have a demonstrated track record of success executing and improving existing programs and processes.
- Knowledge of security controls across all security domains including access control, encryption, vulnerability management, network, etc.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to develop and ensure security recommendations are implemented
- Solid writing skills needed for security reports, program documentation, policy updates, and training documentation. Experience working with contracts is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with stakeholders ranging from developer to engineer to business leaders to Twilio clients.
A great day for you would be working alongside several small but collaborative teams, analyzing new vendors that pose different levels of risk, and ensuring adequate vendor security controls are in place. You are comfortable thinking on your feet, working with cross-functional teams, and ensuring vendor security issues are identified, communicated, and remediated. You will also maintain and expand Twilio's vendor-security management program including due diligence, monitoring, and termination. As a Security Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assess third parties, identify and analyze risks, and communicate findings to internal stakeholders
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities to mature the third party security program and execute on the third party security day-to-day operations.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Assist in all aspects of third party security, which includes rolling up your sleeves and juggling many tasks or projects at a time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across functional teams within Twilio and create great working relationships with stakeholders.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in conducting vendor security due diligence.
This role sits within Twilio’s Security & Trust team. The role is highly cross-functional, so you will work with the broader organization including Information Security, Legal, Procurement, Engineering, and other areas of the business. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. This position will impact all areas of the business to help keep Twilio secure by reducing the likelihood and impact of a third-party incident.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.