Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Revenue Accountant to be part of the Revenue Accounting Team. This role will have a wide variety of responsibilities including assisting in the monthly bill run, preparing certain month end accruals, preparing account reconciliations, and assisting in process improvement projects. Reporting to the Manager of Revenue Accounting, this position will support our customer’s needs and our ability to scale effectively.
Twilio is looking for an accountant who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of success in a revenue accounting role. They also have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 2+ years in public accounting preferred with 2+ years in corporate accounting
- Strong experience with Microsoft Word & Excel; Google Suite experience
- Experience with NetSuite, Zuora, and other accounting softwares
- Revenue Accounting experience with a working knowledge of ASC606
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize while working on multiple projects
- Excellent team player and collaborator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a Revenue Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Prepare variance month end accruals and reconciliations
- DRAW THE OWL: Work independently with limited required direction
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize while working on multiple projects
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact across all functional teams within Twilio and external to Twilio through audits
The Revenue Accounting Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with Accounting Leadership and Sales to ensure revenue is recognized accurately. We utilize internal and external systems to book journal entries during the month end close process and perform balance sheet reconciliations. We partner with multiple departments to develop new processes as our business continues to expand and grow.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.