Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is more than just an API - it’s a communications platform that empowers builders and developers with the building blocks they need to innovate. As GM, you will continue to expand our marketing growth platform business focusing on empowering the world’s developers with modern communications solutions to engage their customers. In this role, you will be responsible for managing over $30 million in annual revenue and a platform serving 20,000 customers.
Twilio is looking for a leader that:
- Has 15+ years of hands-on product and/or engineering management experience.
- Experience managing teams of 50+ people.
- 5+ years of experience managing a meaningful P&L.
- Customer-obsessed disposition focused on learning from customer pain points and challenges
- Has a deep technical background with experience leading API and developer-focused teams and organizations
- Has a proven track record of driving new innovation, taking products from idea to market
- Deep understanding of the marketing technology ecosystem
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
- Experience working with greenfield opportunities, ability to drive clarity from ambiguity.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
As the GM of Marketing and Growth Platform you will:
- Manage, build, and develop cross-functional product and engineering teams.
- Lead the strategy, planning, and execution of the team to meet customer demand.
- Maintain strong relationships with key customers, partners, and vendors.
- Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members.
- Remove barriers to your team being successful through fostering strong stakeholder communication and relationships and a relentless focus on the big picture of building and defining the future of communication.
- Own product roadmap that delivers products and features that will help drive revenue growth.
- Drive innovation through owning difficult and unfamiliar problems and being willing to Draw the Owl in a highly dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Wear the Customer’s shoes. Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities and solutions.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment through leveraging the Twilio Magic
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans, pricing frameworks.
The Twilio SendGrid Marketing Platform allows marketing and growth teams to seamlessly reach their customers using automation, analytics, multi-channel communications, and machine learning for maximum engagement. Powered by Twilio’s programmable communications cloud, the Marketing Campaigns solution allows teams to send with the reliability, expertise, and scale of our world-class platform delivering billions of customer interactions a month. Our team is comprised of builders who are seeking to innovate and disrupt the marketing technologies landscape.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest our days dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating our own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.