Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a high-performing finance leader to join the Commercial Finance team. The Commercial Finance Director will be highly cross-functional, requiring significant interaction with Sales Operations, Pricing & Packaging, Product and Super Network teams - as well as regional FP&A functions. You will build the analytics foundation and strategic analysis that will drive discounting guidelines globally, inform leadership of efficiency trends and opportunities, and directly influence the team and broader commercial productivity. Additionally, you will map and optimize processes to enable us to run a world-class commercial finance practice.
Twilio is looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in Commercial Finance, FP&A or Pricing.
- Exceptional analytical skills combined with strong communication skills.
- The ability to synthesize financial insights into relevant actionable items by building scalable processes and summarizing complex data.
- Experience navigating operational complexity and matrixed organizations.
- A track record of building successful teams.
- Demonstrated history in unit economics and portfolio analysis.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Creating a monthly pace report to inform leadership on progress and articulate future opportunities.
- DRAW THE OWL: Assisting on ad hoc projects. Dissecting the product portfolio to inform discounting framework and thresholds at the product and country level.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Defining, implementing, measuring and reporting discounting initiatives and experiments, along with productivity metrics. Owning ongoing maintenance of master costs and execution of standard discounts.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Identifying root cause and drive execution of projects that maximize Commercial Finance efficiency.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Driving alignment across the global Commercial Finance function through leadership and significant interaction with Sales Operations, Pricing & Packaging, Product and Super Network teams. Directly managing the Commercial Finance NAMER team.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. Visibility into how our products are performing is critical to making good business decisions. Your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful new office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.