Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio SMS Engineering is the core of our SMS messaging responsible for delivering our customers messages reliably and in time to their customers. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our SMS Routing team with the main purpose of making sure our customers messages get delivered always through the best routes available to us.
Twilio is looking for a senior software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated track record of software delivery.
- You have years of software development experience. We mostly use Java for our services, but we are open for wider experience as long as you are open minded.
- You are proficient on at least one of the cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, GCP. You have been setting up and operated systems on cloud platforms on scale.
- Writing and consuming back-end services is your strength. Quality of your work is important to you thus testing is something you really care about.
- You have experience in building data driven products. You have analyzed large datasets or trained machine learning models. You know about running A/B tests. Bonus points for having deployed machine learning models to production.
We welcome and incorporate people with different levels of seniority and experience.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will own the design, development and operation of the new and existing services end-to end.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DON’T SETTLE: You will be responsible for routing our customer messages the best way we can. You do your best every day and also expect it from the others.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & NO SHENANIGANS: You will collaborate and empower other SMS Engineering teams based in Tallinn, Bogota and San Francisco and other Twilio teams that are globally distributed.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WRITE IT DOWN: You will work directly with engineering teams and with members of the product organisation, architects and external partners to distill product requirements and customer use cases into architecture, technical design, and code.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Twilio‘s SMS platform enables companies to integrate communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Twilio is therefore challenged with abstracting away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations and relationships throughout the world.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our new beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), gym reimbursement, monthly mobile expense coverage, monthly health expense coverage etc.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join our really diverse, international team in Tallinn!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.