At Twilio SendGrid we’re focused on developing and expanding our world-class, cloud-based transactional email platform. We’ve revolutionized the transactional email space by powering the infrastructure for thousands of companies that rely on us to send billions of emails each month. Twilio SendGrid is a fast moving, lean company where every team member has a huge stake in the company’s success. If you are equally adept analytically as with marketing strategy and execution, then Twilio SendGrid may be the perfect environment for you.
Our customers experience and making them successful is one of our most important tasks. Given that our customers pay us over time customer satisfaction and retention is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are continuously receiving value from Twilio SendGrid. In this role you will be a key contributor in ensuring our customers find value in our products from the beginning.
Your primary responsibility is to coordinate the support of our customers so that they are quickly and successfully implemented. Customer retention relies on customers meeting their email program goals. You will work in conjunction with Account Executives, Solutions Consultants, Delivery Consultants, Customer Implementation Managers and Customer Success Managers for technical integration of new customers and account optimization of existing customers. You will work with our customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, coordinate their implementation schedule and drive value based on our customers defined goals and objectives.
What You’ll Do
A portion of your time will be spent on continual education of Twilio’s evolving products, services and internal process improvements. This is accomplished with self-service trainings, product webinars, internal documentation, and by shadowing colleagues. One of Twilio’s core values is “Draw the Owl,” and an ideal candidate will tackle new challenges and problems with this mindset.
- Serve as the project manager ensuring all aspects of the implementation is successful and on track with the goals of the project
- Maintain world-class levels of customer retention, customer satisfaction, and ongoing customer engagement during the first 35-60 days of a new customer
- Develop success plans and business reviews for customers that outline critical success factors during the implementation period including metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations
- Obtain an expert understanding of our products and services
- Work with Sales, Customer Success Managers and Solutions Architect to ensure smooth handoffs from Sales to Customer Success
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering, Product and Operations to ensure cohesion and shared understanding of goals and initiatives
- Work with customers on escalated issues to ensure the best possible experience during the implementation period
- Provide product demos and training as needed to ensure customers understand the value of the Twilio SendGrid products
- Identify areas of upsell during the initial period and work with sales on those
The perfect candidate is at ease sitting down with developers, product managers, and C-level executives and advising them on the best ways to utilize cloud communications technology. You should love engaging with customers, building relationships, and driving the technical implementation cycle.
- 2-5 years experience in a customer facing role of a highly technical product
- You have lead implementation activities with a technical product
- Technically competent and enjoy solving problems. You understand modern technology, are able to troubleshoot issues, and are resourceful.
- You’re an execution machine. When you’re tasked with something, it is completed with the utmost thought and care. You feel a sense of accomplishment after seeing a project come to fruition and can’t wait to take on the next task with the same level of energy.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures
- You take charge in stressful situations and help guide others
- If you are excited about not only teaching others ‘how to fish’ but also how to fish at scale then this role is for you
- Excellence in task prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency
This position will be located in our office in Sydney. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, game area, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact,seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint, that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.