Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
It is critical for Twilio to protect the integrity of our communications platform against fraud, and the Fraud Operations team is on the front line of this ongoing effort. Fraud Operations works closely with our fraud engineering team to protect Twilio and Twilio’s customers by thwarting would-be fraudsters. To continue this effort, we are now in search of a strong people manager to lead our Fraud Operations team.
The right candidate will be focused on serving customers, excel at managing a team, and have extensive experience fighting fraud in all its various forms. You should be passionate about making a career out of fraud prevention. More specifically, we seek someone who has:
- A minimum of two years experience leading a team as a manager
- A minimum of four years experience working in fraud prevention (also known as risk management or trust and safety) for a technology company
- Advanced knowledge and ability with SQL and business intelligence tools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to make quick decisions with limited data
- A bachelor's degree
As a domain expert, you should know the top fraud vectors and how fraud behavior will change as we make changes in our fraud prevention tools and our products. We don’t expect you to be a data scientist; however, you should have sufficient “data chops” to analyze data using SQL and business intelligence tools. You will need to make data-driven decisions and closely collaborate with our data scientists to improve our fraud prevention tools.
Although not prerequisites for the role, the following are “nice-to-haves”:
- Strong computer science and/or data management background
- Telecom experience
- MBA, MS in a relevant field, or other similar advanced degree
- Basic understanding of and comfort with software development, including programming experience
- Fluent in additional languages
As the manager of the Fraud Operations team, you will lead a small, global team responsible for preventing fraud, enforcing Twilio’s Acceptable Use Policy, managing risk, and overseeing certain payment-related operations (e.g., chargebacks). More specifically, you will:
- Use Twilio’s tools and your own investigative powers to detect and prevent fraudulent activity, all while ensuring that we do not have false positives that negatively affect our legitimate customers
- Streamline our operations by applying lean principles
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers to design the tools necessary to further automate and streamline our processes
- Influence stakeholders across the company to develop scalable solutions to prevent issues moving forward. Fraudsters are ever changing their patterns so we need to evolve rapidly
- Enable an already high-performing team by providing excellent coaching and actionable feedback
- Execute on near-term goals while also moving towards a long-term vision. Your team should be constantly delivering projects that will make our fraud defenses stronger and our team more effective.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications, and the mission of the Fraud Operations team is to protect the integrity of Twilio’s communications platform against fraudulent activity. Your leadership will be critical to the success of this mission. Our customers and partners need to be able to trust that Twilio’s platform is protected against fraud 24 x 7 x 365.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. You want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Tallinn team!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.