Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Security Compliance Assurance Analyst HIPAA, to assist in defining and managing a successful HIPAA program for Twilio. This role will play a critical part in the HIPAA program enabling Twilio to expand into the healthcare market to meet growing customer demand. The Senior Security Compliance Assurance Analyst (HIPAA) will report directly to the Senior Manager of Security Compliance Assurance and will be responsible for working effectively with numerous cross-functional stakeholders across the company (Finance, IT, HR, Security, Product groups, etc.) to engage on all aspects of control and process design, testing, implementation, monitoring, project management, documentation and remediation activities as needed to meet HIPAA requirements.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Security Compliance Assurance Analyst (HIPAA) with advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience working with HIPAA. This role will manage all Security Compliance Assurance activities for Twilio related to the HIPAA program, working across the organization’s functions (Product Engineering, HR, IT, Legal, etc.) to assess HIPAA readiness. This includes performing readiness assessments to identify and drive remediation activities to meet HIPAA regulations. In addition, this role will be responsible for establishing monitoring activities to ensure implemented control requirements are operating effectively and program activities are being executed to maintain perpetual alignment HIPAA regulations. This role will also play a crucial part in supporting engagements with external parties as required.
- 3+ years working experience within Data Security & Compliance
- 2+ years of Security Compliance Audit Experience with a focus on HIPAA
- Practical understanding of IT Security Compliance, risk management and information security principles including access control, network security, information security architecture, information security operations, and leading practices and associated tools in a cloud environment (AWS).
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills
- Superb ability to represent data in graphical form
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to have
- Working Knowledge of Cloud controls and environments
- Consulting experience a plus
- HITRUST experience a plus
As the Senior Security Compliance Assurance Analyst (HIPAA), You will:
- Oversee and report on all product/service readiness activities for the HIPAA program.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams and product engineering groups.
- Ensure Product and Service Risk Assessments are a current and accurate reflection of the existing state of the product and service
- Provide HIPAA subject matter expertise in support of the risk assessment decision making process
- Perform planned periodic assessments/audits and testing activities against all applicable HIPAA regulations
- Communicate audit findings from assessments or audits to Senior Leadership and supporting teams
- Work closely with the Risk Management team to ensure identified risks and all pertinent information is captured for risk analysis and are incorporated in the appropriate risk assessment.
- Maintain a pulse on HIPAA regulations and the healthcare market to ensure any changes to laws and regulations are integrated into daily activities
The Senior Security Compliance Assurance Analyst (HIPAA) role is critical to Twilio's continued desire goal to expand into the healthcare market. You will work closely with senior leadership, product teams and functions in a highly visible role with significant impact on ensuring the company is able to realize that goal.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position cis located in our Denver office located at 1801 California St. Suite 500. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our Customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.