Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for a Senior Customer Success Manager who is a dynamic, passionate, self-starter to join our team. You’ll be working with a wide range of customer personas, from SMB, to the world’s hottest startups, and some of the largest global enterprise accounts. Your job is to support our new customers as well as existing customers with new Twilio use-cases as they launch their applications using Twilio’s wide range of products. This role is a hybrid of technical project management as well as product & account support. As a Senior CSM, you will help mentor and advise new hires and non-senior CSMs.
You will strategize with our sales leaders on key accounts to optimize and improve their existing Twilio footprint.. As a trusted advisor, you will ensure they have the Twilio products and services that best fit their immediate needs and their future use cases. You aren’t an engineer but you’ve proven technical aptitude in past roles by learning technical products, adjusting complex explanations depending on your audience, and troubleshooting basic issues where necessary.
You excel in a fast paced environment, working as a customer’s internal advocate to remove obstacles that may impede a customer’s experience with Twilio. You thrive on solving new, complex challenges that are unique to your customers and their businesses.. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Customer Success Manager who has a successful track record of working with both technical and non-technical teams. We seek someone with:
- 4-8 years of experience in Customer Success, Product Enablement or Account Management (non-quota)
- Experience building Salesforce reports for account review and project health
- Great organizational and time management skills
- 3+ years Project Management experience in a technical environment
- Experience implementing new processes and communicating them with internal teams
- Motivated and positive approach to solving customer problems large and small.
- Experience utilizing Gainsight (or other customer health tools) a plus
- Minimum 2 years customer onboarding experience in a technical environment
- Experience working in JIRA, Confluence and ZenDesk a plus
- Ability to consume and transcribe technical documentation for customers
- History building reports from analytics/reporting tools (ex. Tableau, Looker)
- An understanding of API architecture and use cases
- Experience communicating with all levels (ex. developers, vendor management, C-levels)
You are technically curious and thrive on solving complex challenges that may have never seen before. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
As a Senior Customer Success Manager, your job is to work 1:1 with strategic and enterprise accounts to manage their onboarding projects. An average day consists of scheduling and holding conference calls with the customer to learn about their upcoming use cases and help them build a successful project plan. You will work closely with the customer to identify if internal resources, such as support, product training, product management or expert services are necessary for the customer’s project. Your goal is to help the customer launch their Twilio product based on their success criteria.
You will spend your day:
- Working cross-functionally internal Twilio teams to help address open customer requests
- Identifying and reporting on patterns and trends that affect the customers’ experience.
- Addressing billing questions, invoice setup and account review
- Generating and reviewing customer reports
- Acting as an escalation point for non-senior CSMs
- Creating and reviewing customer-facing project management documents
- Providing product best practices
- Attending regional sales meetings
- Escalating support tickets and monitoring their resolution
- Working with sales team to review account health
- Identifying and managing account risk
- Report and present customer status to senior management
A portion of your time will be spent on continual education of Twilio’s evolving products, services and internal process improvements. This is accomplished with self-service trainings, product webinars, internal documentation, and by shadowing colleagues. One of Twilio’s core values is “Draw the Owl,” and an ideal candidate will tackle new challenges and problems with this mindset.
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers and enterprise with the technology to build modern, enjoyable communication experiences in their applications. The Customer Success Team is a strategic component in building our customer base and helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 50 West 17th Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, wifi enabled rooftop lounge, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.