Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking to add a Vendor Management Specialist to the IT Vendor Management Office. With an emphasis on Software, this position exists to help Twilio manage key vendor relationships and drive improvements to their relationship health score.
Twilio is looking for an individual contributor with an aptitude for managing IT software vendor relationships.
- Possess knowledge of and experience with IT purchasing including software licenses and hardware; familiarity with identifying cost savings opportunities
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders including internal customers, management, teammates and vendors
- Proactively resolve any issues that cause bottlenecks as it relates to specific purchases
- Knowledge of supply chain & vendor selection and management concepts and processes and an interest in researching technology vendor product offerings
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and problem solve based upon available information
- Ability to work in a fast paced, transactional work environment, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- 0-2 years vendor management or procurement experience
- Knowledge of software licensing and IT hardware is desired
As Vendor Management Specialist, you will:
- Determine appropriate pricing methods for bids, contracts and purchase orders
- Develop data driven recommendations to address complex business problems
- Assist in managing software budget in a growing SAAS environment
- Manage software licensing lifecycle and renewal, upgrade, and downgrade processes
- Participate in asset management process for both software and hardware lifecycles
- Leverage best practices in accordance with Twilio procurement policies and procedures
- Advise/assist internal customers regarding IT vendor contracts
- Work closely with finance teams to ensure compliance with budget
- Work closely with legal and information security teams to prepare drafts of routine contracts and obtain legal, customer and management approval as needed
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
The Vendor Management Office is responsible for executing a third party vendor strategy to serve Twilio’s IT needs through an efficient global supply chain, continuously driving vendors toward optimal performance, pricing, and terms. As Twilio grows, it is critical that we leverage our purchasing power and design a thoughtful and strategic global supply chain to keep our fellow Twilions supplied with all the support that they need from our third-party partners.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, standing desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.