Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our amazing EMEA team supporting our customers’ use of Twilio’s various products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s platform.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by solving tough problems and enjoys helping others work through complex technical issues. You’re a strong communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email and you’re able to empathize with frustrated customers from all backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues on your team, help them with the day to day challenges, and are able to contribute ideas on how to improve the team’s work.
You should have a firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and experience in a telecom environment. (For example, you’ve implemented, deployed and/or maintained/supported Avaya/Cisco/OpenVBX/or similar platforms of significant size in the past). You’ve got strong time management skills, and are efficient at getting work done in a dynamic work environment while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to delight our customers! If you’ve got any of the below experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing, technical role.
- Ability to address customer concerns and provide feedback in a friendly, diplomatic and empathetic way; you treat customer problems like your own.
- Ability to provide ideas on product improvements in accordance with customers’ needs.
- Experience working in a team, and ability to advise on improvements for the team.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API’s with the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: An understanding of WebRTC would be a plus.
- Past telecom experience, including knowledge of SIP and IP Telephony protocols.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or a related discipline, or relevant experience related to this position.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- You will help customers solve their technical challenges through tickets, phone calls, and chat conversations
- You will interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Twilio operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
The Technical Support team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with customers of all sizes to solve complex problems. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well designed office at Veerenni 24 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. But what you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. You want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Tallinn team!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.