Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio SendGrid’s Engineering Manager is a dynamic and inspiring software product development leader with a passion for managing, mentorship, and influential leadership. You will be a champion for Agile development best practices and work collaboratively with agile program managers and product management to ensure we rapidly ship high quality software to support our scaling and growing business.
Your primary responsibilities will be to hire great people, mentor through regular feedback, and lead the team to consistently deliver, but you should also be able to dig in and solve hard technical problems and provide technical guidance as we grow to massive scale. To succeed in this role, you will have a passion for Agile software development, fostering a culture of collaboration, and possess a strong background in the SaaS space to help us foster constant growth and innovation.
- Live by and champion our cultural values of the Twilio Magic
- Lead Agile development teams through design, development, testing, code reviews, and deployment of features and components
- Drive efficiency and predictability on your team(s)
- Work with Product Manager as a Product Owner to define priorities and roadmap to alignment within your team(s) for a common goal or deliverable
- Work collaboratively with peers in other disciplines to meet team commitments
- Responsible for the overall success of your teams
- Provide performance feedback and coaching for the team, including creating staff development plans and mentoring your team in a way that reflects the needs of individual developers
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
Our stack includes: Golang, AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, S3), ReactJS, Snowflake, Terraform, Redis, Docker/Kubernetes, and Linux
- 7+ plus years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least 2+ plus years of people management responsibility of a SW development team
- Proficient across a highly diverse set of technologies (AWS, Golang, ReactJS, etc.)
- Proficient in your functional domain (frontend, backend, operations, etc.)
- Ability to oversee the design of complex components and large scale systems
- Ability to coordinate schedules and deliverables for multiple teams simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; deep seated drive to deliver
- Live by the competencies of Accountable, Focused, Collaborative, and Self Motivated
The Multi Channel Display Ads team is central to Twilio SendGrids continued growth. You will grow and lead the engineering team, in one of the fastest growing areas at Twilio SendGrid, building an intuitive product that allows our customers to create, manage and publish their ads campaigns.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 891 Winslow St, Redwood City, CA. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, Friday game time, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.