Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Systems Operations Manager to be a key leader in the execution of growth opportunities for Twilio globally. This role will lead all aspects of our back office server strategy and our opportunity to automate manual services to provide a better user experience for Twilions. You will also be key in providing strategies for future cloud systems and identity and access management.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of managing an IT Team with the following:
- 3-5 years managing IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching/mentoring employees, communicating job expectations and evaluating performance
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of overall IT experience
- Able to Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions to enable the business
- Ensure security of data and systems
- A passion for technology, a love for helping people, and an attention to detail
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework, with experience implementing ITIL best practices
- Technical experience with SAAS software and servers
- Ability to recognize the right tool for the right situation/problem
- The ability to take initiative, solve problems, make big decisions, take risks and communicate effectively
- Experience in setting Key Performance Indicators for systems
- Strong documentation ethic – capable of maintaining and authoring internal procedure & policies
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to present processes or procedures at a high level
- Ability to perform well and keep the team motivated
- Emotionally Intelligent - Recognize their own, and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different feelings and label them appropriately, and to use this to guide thinking and behavior
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions. At times, will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
As Systems Operations Manager, you will:
- Live by and champion our cultural values of the Twilio Magic
- Manage Twilio’s systems operation team, including goal-setting, prioritization, assisting with budget tracking/forecasting and project management (Agile/Kanban experience preferred)
- Be a key leader in defining and delivering on Twilio’s longer-term systems management strategy with a strong emphasis on security and scalability
- Lead development of automation of corporate systems
- Lead implementation of new corporate systems
- Utilize our incident, event, and problem management procedures for the team and set priorities
- Spearhead IT projects and oversee their completion & success
- Contribute to new solutions and technology evaluation and implementation
- Recruit, train and empower team members
- Interaction with internal customers to identify areas of improvement
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on team’s productivity
The Systems Operations Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with leadership and the user community to provide strategies for the implementation and support of our worldwide server infrastructure. We also automate many of our back office services to provide a better experience for our user community.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street Suite 500 Denver, CO 80202 . You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.