Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Edge Infrastructure is a Platform organization responsible for the front door of all HTTP traffic at Twilio. Our edge infrastructure platform handles all API and web application traffic for Twilio. Our team is unique in that our services are used by Twilio customers and engineers alike. If you are excited about leading a team focused on scale, edge infrastructure, and world-class web and API experiences, you may be a fantastic fit.
Are you willing to bootstrap a new Platform team in Madrid? Are you passionate about ensuring that your teams are building edge platform technologies that enable other engineers? Are you able to lead from behind and think at scale both organizationally and technologically? Have you thought about how to enable teams to develop edge application experiences in a decentralized fashion with consistency and cohesiveness? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, we want to speak with you!
Twilio is looking for an Engineering Manager to join Platform Engineering and build a new Edge Infrastructure team in Madrid. You may be a fit if:
- You are a software leader that is passionate, empathetic and customer-obsessed.
- You have a strong product and architectural vision and a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, and execute on that vision.
- You have experience recruiting, hiring, and cultivating talent for your team.
- You have software engineering management experience in a large-scale, enterprise environment, leading teams which build and operate mission-critical PaaS or SaaS products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
As an Engineering Manager in Platforms, we expect you will:
- Cultivate your team. Engineering teams are autonomous mini-startups at Twilio. As Engineering Manager, you will be the COO of an Edge Infrastructure startup responsible for people, process, and execution of the team. Can you hire well, manage performance, provide coaching, and develop your team and products?
- Build with empathy. Your team will ship great edge infrastructure platforms that delight your customers. You are expected to know your customers and walk in their shoes. Can you help your team understand your customer’s pain points, identify problems, craft solutions, and deliver value to our customers?
- Lead from Behind. To quote Nelson Mandela, “It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.” Can and will you lead from behind?
- Be an Owner. Trust is the number one thing that Twilio sells. Companies rely on Twilio to “just work”. As a DevOps organization, we build and run our own services. Operating with excellence is imperative. You will be accountable to identify, track, and communicate team KPIs, SLOs, and SLAs. You are required to work with your team to set and execute on your annual and quarterly SMART goals. Can you be the owner of your team?
- Prioritize Ruthlessly. Each and every engineering team is a potential customer for Platforms at Twilio. Every request is the highest priority. While we strive to help all customers and respond compassionately, will you be able to identify requests that have the most impact and prioritize ruthlessly?
- Consistent Good Judgment. Great engineering managers display good judgment consistently. They make good decisions even in the face of ambiguity. They think and decide strategically instead of reacting to tactical issues. Can you consistently make decisions that better your team and the company?
- Collaborate Effectively. The best teams at Twilio have effective collaboration between the Engineering Manager (Team COO), Tech Lead (Team CTO), and Product Manager (Team CPO). Will you inspire and foster your team to collaborate amongst themselves and with their customers? Will you facilitate discussion through conflict? Will you achieve results without dictating and deciding decisions top-down?
- Communicate Effectively. You will be required to communicate effectively upward to executives, sideways to your peers, and downward to your team. Are you able to distill complex thoughts and concepts simply? Are you articulate and concise in written and verbal communication? Are you respectful even in stressful situations?
The Edge Infrastructure team is responsible for our Edge Platform which services all API and web console traffic for Twilio. As the front door for all HTTP traffic, our services have ambitious high availability and performance requirements. Twilio is comprised of 150+ empowered autonomous engineering teams that are mini-startups each responsible for a piece of the larger Twilio puzzle. We serve the many teams that build public APIs and web applications for Twilio. Edge Infrastructure provides edge gateway services that are a part of every API request and web application pageview. It is extremely important for us to build reliable, available, performant services!
Twilio believes in the power of Platforms to create leverage and empower developers. Our internal platforms enable our own small teams of developers to stand on the shoulders of giants, enabling them to focus on making world-class services that delight our customers.
Twilio is truly unique: We are a company committed to your development, your growth, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We are growing rapidly and seeking talented leaders to join us on our journey.
This position is located out of our new Madrid, Spain office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.