Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing voice features. This engineer will own, operate and maintain their teams’ services in a distributed production environment, employing Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
Twilio is looking for an engineer with a demonstrated track record of building distributed systems:
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in a large scale, distributed applications environment, based on Java, C++ or .NET technologies
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in at least one web stack and framework
- Hands on experience scaling production backend systems, with the proven ability to design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems
- Experience scaling data tiers employing a variety of SQL/NoSQL database and caching technologies
- Hands on experience with applications built on cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, OpenStack or Azure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related engineering field) or equivalent experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals not limited to data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems
- Capable of operating from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services
- Able to work well in a team setting and both highly motivated and motivating
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will:
- Implement real-time services for Twilio's Voice stack
- Develop a complex distributed platform with points of presence globally, each one concerned with availability, reliability, throughput, latency, and media fidelity
- Help scale the platform, apply synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code and deliver with speediness and quality
- Work with distributed SQL and NoSQL databases and caches
Twilio’s Voice Connectivity team handles millions of calls every day, connecting callers, carriers, and companies across the globe. We solve complex problems at scale with next-generation telecommunications infrastructure. We craft APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding voice applications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.